Barberton boasts numerous amenities that enhance the quality of life for all of our residents. These amenities include:
- 16 neighborhood parks, four of which are supervised in the summer.
- 4 all-weather tennis courts
- Summer and winter adult and youth recreation programs, adult softball leagues, and youth sports assocaitions
- The Magical Theatre Company, one of only six resident children’s theatres in the country
- The Lake 8 Movie Theater with digital 4K projectors and RealD 3D
- The Lake Anna Gazebo summer concert series
- Unique downtown shopping
- The annual Mum festival, Cherry Blossom Festival and other special events.
- Barberton residents also have easy access to other nearby sports and cultural attractions
The University of Akron’s EJ. Thomas Center for the Performing Arts is home to the Akron Symphony Orchestra. Blossom Music Center, located in Cuyahoga Falls, is the summer home of the Cleveland Orchestra and offers a variety of summer entertainment concerts and programs. And the newly remodeled Akron Art Museum is known throughout the country for its collection of 19th and 20th century American art and photography.
Fans of professional sports are within an hour’s drive of seeing the Cleveland Indians, Cavaliers and Browns; Akron is also home to the Akron Rubber Ducks minor league baseball team.