2019 leaf collection schedule
The City of Barberton will begin picking up loose leaves beginning November 4th, 2019 and will continue through each Ward as scheduled. To facilitate pickup, leaves must be raked into a row and placed on the street no more than two (2) feet from the curb or the edge of the street without obstructing traffic and sewer storm inlets.
Please note the dates listed below for each Ward and please keep in mind that as the weather gets worse and the leaves fall faster it may take longer for us to return to your area.
The leaves must be out prior to the first day of the week we are scheduled to be in your Ward. Please do not wait until you see the equipment/crews in your Ward.
Schedule for Streets Without Curbs
- Ward 4: November 4th through November 8th
- Ward 1: November 12th through November 15th*
- (November 11, Veteran's Day Observed - no leaf pick up)
- Ward 5: November 18th through November 22nd
- Ward 2: November 25th through November 27th**
- (November 28th and 29th - Thanksgiving Holiday - no leaf pick-up)
- Ward 3: December 2nd through December 6th
- Ward 6: December 9th through December 13th
Schedule for Streets With Curbs
- East Side / Austin Estates: Sunday (alternating weeks)
- North End: Monday
- Near Westside: Tuesday
- Far Westside: Wednesday
- Downtown: Thursday
The 2nd shift equipment operator will be assigned to collect leaves between 3:30 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. Sunday through Thursday with an A.R.M. Vac Unit in lieu of pushing leaves into piles or later pick-up by crews the following day.
Cars parked on the streets between these hours on the scheduled day to push leaves are subject to ticketing for violating ordinance Number 6-1993.
For those residents that wish to have immediate service we are offering the following option:
- Bagged and bulk leaves may be brought to the following drop off locations: Newton Park, (Lower parking lot along Yonker), and Tuscora Park . If you wish to re-use your bags you may dump out your leaves in the “loose pile” or just place the bagged leaves in the appropriate marked area. Signs will be posted.
- Bagged leaves ONLY may be brought to Edgewood Park (27th St. NW parking lot)
Clean up after the regular schedule will be weather permitting.
If you have any questions, please contact the Service Department at 330-848-6717.