The Barberton Municipal Court has been closely following media reports on the coronavirus, known as COVID-19, and is committed to do its part in combating the spread of this virus. In light of recent developments the Court has implemented the following to reduce courthouse foot-traffic:
- All visitors must wear protective face masks.
- Markings display 6’ distancing. These markings must be adhered to.
- Court Security Officers will direct participants to specific locations within the courthouse and manage traffic flow to ensure courthouse capacity limitation adherence.
- The Barberton Municipal Court will operate under Restricted Access on occasions where our safe distancing capacity has been met or exceeded. Once the Court has reached such capacity and operates under Restricted Access protocol, the following will be adhered to:
- Barberton Municipal Court traffic proceedings conducted under Restricted Access operations are streamed live via the Court's YouTube channel under "Barberton Municipal Court" or the below link:
- Notice of Option to Appear in Court via Zoom® Videoconferencing
If you have been summonsed to appear in the Barberton Municipal Court, The Barberton Municipal Court utilizes Zoom® video conferencing for certain offenses allowing you to appear electronically through the Zoom® app on either your smartphone or computer with web camera and microphone.
Zoom Traffic Court initial appearances are scheduled by contacting the Clerk of Courts and are generally held Thursdays at approximately 9:30am depending upon scheduled in-person appearances. You will be asked to provide an email address and phone number where you can be reached.
Once scheduled for a Zoom appearance in your matter, you will receive and email invitation with a Zoom link for the date of your appearance. At 9:30am on the date of your scheduled Zoom appearance, attend our Traffic Court by clicking on the link provided, or opening the Zoom® app, selecting “Join,” and entering the Court’s meeting ID: 293-008-4196 Upon entering the Court’s Zoom® meeting you will be held in a virtual waiting room until your case is called. Please be patient.
IMPORTANT ZOOM REMINDERS:
Select “Join with Video” and “Call using Internet Audio” when joining. Enabled video is mandatory
Proper attire is required. You are attending a public proceeding.
Please make every effort to minimize background distractions - your audio is heard in a public courtroom by those attending in person.
Please note: The Court's Zoom Meeting Room is an open forum affording public access. Guest are also welcome to observe the proceeding by entering the Barberton Municipal Court static Meeting ID above. However, behavior deemed inappropriate will have user subject to removal from the Room. As a participant, you acknowledge your appearance is both broadcast within the public courtroom and live streamed through the Court's live feed.
- Payments may be made online. Individuals requesting a payment plan extension are asked to call 330-861-7191 for payment plan extensions.
- Civil filings may be mailed to Diana Stevenson, Clerk of Court, with appropriate filing fee
- Clerk of Courts, will accept motions on pending cases faxed to 330-848-6779
Welcome to the Barberton Municipal Court website.
The court serves the communities of Barberton, Green, New Franklin, Norton, Copley, Coventry and Clinton. Barberton Municipal Court is an integral part of the state court system in Ohio. The court conducts preliminary hearings in felony cases, handles traffic and criminal misdemeanors, and civil cases where the money in dispute does not exceed $15,000.
Operation & Services of the Court
The Barberton Municipal Court website is designed to help you find information you may need about the operation and services of this court. Our goal is to support the citizens of our jurisdiction and beyond by providing efficient and effective services in a courteous and timely manner. For more information about our court, please visit the Clerk of Courts page. Other services and information can be found in the menu bar at the top of this page.
We hope you find this site to be convenient and useful. We welcome the opportunity to make the Court more accessible to you.