COVID-19 OPERATIONS UPDATE
The Barberton Municipal Court has been closely following media reports on the coronavirus, known as COVID-19, and is committed to doing its part in combating the spread of this virus. In light of recent developments the Court has implemented the following to reduce courthouse foot traffic:
- The Barberton Municipal Building has Restricted Access
- All visitors must wear protective face masks. Masks will not be required for individuals with medical conditions, including those with respiratory conditions that restrict breathing, mental health conditions, or disability that contraindicates the wearing of facial coverings. Masks are available at the front security area. All other CDC guidance will be followed.
- Only Court proceeding participants will be permitted in the Court portion of the Municipal building - essential parties only.
- Markings display 6’ distancing. Markings must be adhered to.
- Court Security Officers will direct participants to specific locations within the courthouse and manage traffic flow to ensure courthouse capacity limitation adherence.
Payments may be made online here: Online Payments
Individuals requesting a payment plan extension are asked to call 330-861-7191 for payment plan extensions
Traffic Court Appearance via Zoom®
- Notice of Option to Appear in Court via Zoom® Videoconferencing
If you have been summoned to appear before the Barberton Municipal Court, the Court utilizes Zoom® video conferencing for certain offenses allowing you to appear electronically through the Zoom® app on either your smartphone or computer with web camera and microphone.
Zoom Traffic Court initial appearances are scheduled by contacting the Clerk of Courts at 330-753-2261. Zoom Traffic Court sessions are held Tuesdays at 9:30am, or later depending upon the number of in-person appearances which are handled first. In scheduling your Zoom appearance with the clerk, you will be asked to provide an email address and phone number where you can be reached.
Once scheduled for a Zoom appearance in your matter, you will receive an email invitation with a Zoom link for the date of your appearance. At 9:30am on the date of your scheduled Zoom appearance, attend our Traffic Court by clicking on the link provided, or opening the Zoom® app, selecting “Join,” and entering the Court’s meeting ID: 293-008-4196 Upon entering the Court’s Zoom® meeting you will be held in a virtual waiting room until your case is called. Please be patient.
IMPORTANT ZOOM REMINDERS:
- Select “Join with Video” and “Call using Internet Audio” when joining. Enabled video is mandatory
- Proper attire is required. You are attending a public proceeding.
- Please make every effort to minimize background distractions - your audio is heard in a public courtroom by those attending in person.
Please note: The Court's Zoom Meeting Room is an open forum affording public access. Guest are also welcome to observe the proceeding by entering the Barberton Municipal Court static Meeting ID above. However, behavior deemed inappropriate will have user subject to removal from the Room. As a participant, you acknowledge your appearance is both broadcast within the public courtroom and live-streamed through the Court's live feed.
Restricted Access Operations
- The Barberton Municipal Court will operate under Restricted Access on rare occasions where capacity has been reached in the courthouse. Once the Court has reached such capacity and operates under Restricted Access protocol, the following will be adhered to:
- Barberton Municipal Court traffic proceedings and other appropriate public proceedings conducted under Restricted Access operations are streamed live via the Court's YouTube channel under "Barberton Municipal Court" or the below link:
- Payments may be made online. Individuals requesting a payment plan extension are asked to call 330-753-2261 for payment plan extensions.
- Civil filings may be mailed to Diana Stevenson, Clerk of Court, with the appropriate filing fee
- Clerk of Court will accept motions on pending cases faxed to 330-861-7120
The Barberton Municipal Court provides justice services for the communities of Barberton, Green, New Franklin, Norton, Copley, Coventry and Clinton.
The court serves the communities of Barberton, Green, New Franklin, Norton, Copley, Coventry and Clinton. Barberton Municipal Court is an integral part of the state court system in Ohio.
The Probation Department is charged with providing supervision of offenders in the community, alternative sentencing in lieu of jail, as well as producing various investigative reports for the Court.
Search for records for traffic, criminal civil and small claims cases.
Approved court forms