We Are Here For You
We offer a wide variety of services which are specifically designed to maintain and expand the Barberton community as a great place to live, work, and do business. Much of our services are funded by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) through the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG).
What is HUD?
The Department of Housing and Urban Development is the Federal agency responsible for national policy and programs that address America's housing needs, that improve and develop the Nation's communities, and enforce fair housing laws. More Information
What is Community Development?
Community development activities build stronger and more resilient communities through an ongoing process of identifying and addressing needs, assets, and priority investments. Community development activities may support infrastructure, economic development projects, installation of public facilities, community centers, housing rehabilitation, public services, clearance/acquisition, microenterprise assistance, code enforcement, homeowner assistance and many other identified needs.
Community development is a process where community members come together to take collective action and generate solutions to common problems. Community well-being (economic, social, environmental and cultural) often evolves from this type of collective action being taken at a grassroots level.
Resources for Barberton Residents
- Barberton Fire Smoke Detector Program - 330.848.6732
- Lead & Related Repairs Lead Abatement - 330.643.8013
- Info Line - 2.1.1
- Fair Housing Contact Service, Inc. - 330.376.6191
- Home Weatherization Assistance Program (HWAP) - 330.643.2537
- NCS (Home Improvement Opportunities) - 330.753.8500
- NDS (Housing Rehabilitation Opportunities & More) - 330.297.6400 ext. 234
- FREE One-On-One Financial Counseling - 2.1.1
- BCDC (Economic Development) - 330.745.3070
- Medicaid Hotline - 1.800.324.8680
- CareSource - 1.800.488.0134
- VANTAGE Aging - 330.253.4597
- Area Agency on Ageing - 800.421.7277
- Percentage of Income Payment Plan Plus (PIPP Plus) - 1.800.282.0880
- Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) - 1.800.633.4766
- Ohio Partners for Affordable Energy (OPAE) Fuel Fund - 1.800.282.0880
- Salvation Army of Barberton - 330.745.2836