The City of Barberton will begin picking up loose leaves beginning October 23rd, 2017 and will continue through each Ward as scheduled. To facilitate pickup, leaves must be raked into a row and placed on the street no more than two (2) feet from the curb or the edge of the street without obstructing traffic.
Please note the dates listed below for each Ward and please keep in mind that as the weather gets worse and the leaves fall faster it may take longer for us to return to your area. The leaves must be out prior to the first day of the week we are scheduled to be in your Ward. Please do not wait until you see the equipment/crews in your Ward.
Schedule for Streets Without Curbs
- Ward 4: October 23rd through October 27th
- Ward 1: October 30th through November 3rd
- Ward 5: November 6th through November 9th
(November 10th, - Veterans Day Observed - no leaf pick-up)
- Ward 2: November 13th through November 17th
- Ward 3: November 20th through November 22nd
November 23rd and 24th - Thanksgiving Holiday - no leaf pick-up)
- Ward 6: November 27th through December 1st
Schedule for Streets With Curbs
- East Side / Austin Estates: Sunday (alternating weeks)
- North End: Monday
- Near Westside: Tuesday
- Far Westside: Wednesday
- Downtown: Thursday
The 3rd shift equipment operator will push leaves into piles between 11:30 p.m. and 7:30 a.m. for crews to pick-up the following day unless an A.R.M. vac unit can be utilized in lieu of pushing leaves.
Cars parked on the streets between these hours on the scheduled day to push leaves are subject to ticketing for violating ordinance Number 6-1993.
For those residents that wish to have immediate service we are offering the following option:
- Bagged leaves may also be brought to the following drop off locations: Newton Park, Edgewood Park (27th St. NW parking lot) Tuscora Park and McCafferty Park. If you wish to re-use your bags you may dump out your leaves in the “loose pile” or just place the bagged leaves in the appropriate marked area. Signs will be posted.
- Residents who have an active account with Mulch Makers may take bagged leaves to their facility located at 3307 Clark Mill Road Their hours are Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please stop in the office and they will direct you to the location on their property for you to de-bag the leaves yourself. They must be de-bagged, which allows you to reuse your bags.
Clean up after the regular schedule will be weather permitting.
If you have any questions, please contact the Service Department at 330-848-6719.