2020 leaf collection schedule
The City of Barberton will begin picking up loose leaves beginning November 2nd, 2020 and will continue through each Ward as scheduled. To facilitate pickup, leaves must be raked into a row and placed on the street no more than two (2) feet from the curb or the edge of the street without obstructing traffic and sewer storm inlets.
Please note the dates listed below for each Ward and please keep in mind that as the weather gets worse and the leaves fall faster it may take longer for us to return to your area.
The leaves must be out prior to the first day of the week we are scheduled to be in your Ward. Please do not wait until you see the equipment/crews in your Ward.
LEAF COLLECTION SCHEDULE
- WARD 4: November 2nd - November 6th
- WARD 1: November 9th - November 13th
- WARD 5: November 16th - November 20th
- WARD 2: November 23rd - November 27th
- WARD 3: November 30th - December 4th
- WARD 6: December 7th - December 11th
* No Leaf Pickup: November 11th (Veteran's Day) and November 26th & 27th (Thanksgiving Holiday)
The 2nd shift equipment operator will be assigned to collect leaves between 3:30 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. Sunday through Thursday.
Cars parked on the streets between these hours on the scheduled day to push leaves are subject to ticketing for violating ordinance Number 6-1993.
For those residents that wish to have immediate service we are offering the following option:
- Bagged and bulk leaves may be brought to the following drop off locations: Newton Park, (Lower parking lot along Yonker), Tuscora Park, and Edgewood Park (27th St NW parking lot). If you wish to re-use your bags you may dump your leaves in the “loose pile” or just place the bagged leaves in the appropriate marked area. Signs will be posted.
Clean up after the regular schedule will be weather permitting.
If you have any questions, please contact the Service Department at 330-848-6717.