If you have a license forfeiture and/or registration block on your driver’s license through Barberton Municipal Court for failure to uphold your payment agreement, then you may be eligible for the Amnesty Program! In an attempt to resolve the debt you owe and help you get a valid license, the court is offering you an opportunity to clear your license forfeiture and/or registration block by paying ONE-HALF of what you owe the court. If you pay half, the court will release any holds on your license and/or registration without requiring you to appear before a judge or pay the usual full amount. You will then be set up on a new payment agreement for your remaining balance. This is a one-time offer and is only valid from October 2, 2017 to November 17, 2017.
If you choose not to participate in this opportunity, your license forfeiture and/or registration blocks will remain in effect, prohibiting you from driving or registering your vehicle. THE RELEASE OF FORFEITURE OR RELEASE OF REGISTRATION BLOCK IS NOT IN FULL EFFECT UNTIL YOU CONTACT THE OHIO BUREAU OF MOTOR VEHICLES AND PAY YOUR REINSTATEMENT FEES. FAILURE TO PAY YOUR REMAINING MONTHLY PAYMENTS WITH THE COURT WILL RESULT IN ADDITIONAL COSTS BEING ADDED TO YOUR CASE(S) AND/OR FUTURE LICENSE FORFEITURES AND REGISTRATION BLOCKS.
There are three methods to which you can make your payment. You must pay at least half, not a penny less, to be eligible. To confirm your total amount owed, you may call our office at (330) 861-7191, search online, or refer to your letter that the Court sent you. Payment options are as follows:
Pay in Person:
- The Clerk’s office is located at Barberton Municipal Court; 576 West Park Avenue, Barberton, OH 44203; Floor Two; Room 205
- Office hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM, and Saturdays 8:00 AM – 10:30 AM
- Cash, check, money order, or credit card (Visa, Mastercard, and Discover) are all accepted
- ONLY a personal check or money order is acceptable – NO CASH SHALL BE MAILED
- Make check or money order payable to Barberton Municipal Court
- Complete the “Amnesty Program Application” form on the back of your letter (or print the form located online if you did not receive a letter) and mail it with your payment
- Include an empty, self-addressed, self-stamped envelope and we will mail you your release forms to be taken to the Bureau of Motor Vehicles
- Pay on the Online Ticket Payment Program page
- Please read the instructions carefully and proceed to make your payment(s) by pressing “Continue” at the bottom of the page
- Search for your name (first and last is all you need)
- Tip: if you’re having trouble finding your case(s), try searching for your last name, first letter of your first name, and birthdate
- Make sure to select ALL of your cases to see your correct total and pay half of this
If you would like to pay your Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) Reinstatement fees online, you may visit their online services web page here:
If you have any questions, please call Diana Stevenson’s Clerk of Court’s office at (330) 861-7191.